Published 9 September 2020
Dear St Giles Church Family,
We’re glad that we are now able to meet again in person, but in order to be able to do so in a safe and guidance-compliant way, we will be asking that you follow our guidelines below which have been developed based on a risk assessment of our building:
- Please arrive early enough before the service to use antibacterial hand gel upon arrival and to allow a methodical and socially distanced entry into the building – please aim to arrive between 30 to 15 minutes before the meeting.
- Please bring your own Bible for the service. If you wish to make sermon notes you will need to bring your own pen and paper.
- In order to meet contacting requirements we will be keeping a list of attendees – new visitors will be asked to provide contact details by a greeter on arrival.
- Masks will be required for the duration of all services.
- Please follow the one-way system indicated by the signs and arrows. Entrance will be through the main door on Bride Street but we will exit through the Westbourne Road door. When inside the building please follow the arrows to a socially distanced seat (or seats) as invited by an usher.
- The loos in the coffee area will be open, but we ask that you only use them if absolutely necessary and when using them please respect the one way flow (exit out of the Westbourne Road door and re-enter on Bride Street).
- If you do use the loos, when leaving please wipe down the sink taps and door handles with the provided antibacterial wipes.
- Please keep your children with you for the duration of the service – they will need to remain socially distanced from others outside their ‘bubble’.
- If children do need the loo they must be accompanied by an adult in their bubble.
- After the service is finished there will not be a time of tea and coffee and so we will leave promptly.
- Please do not attend services if you evidence symptoms of Covid-19 (high temperature, a new, continuous cough, and a loss or change to your sense of smell or taste) or you have been advised to self-isolate or shield.
- If you develop symptoms within 14 days of attending church please let us know so that we can contact others who were in the service with you. As noted above we will be keeping a record of attendees.
We will work to keep the services at or under one hour. Crèche and Sunday School will not be
offered for the time being, but we may open Sunday School again once we get used to meeting in this fashion. Once we have a few weeks’ experience meeting, we will work to offer communion in an appropriate way. We will be keeping the zoom meeting or an appropriate live-stream alternative open until we’re able to meet again as normal.
We pray that God uses even these rather unusual measures to help us grow in our understanding and application of his word! Please bear with us and each other as we figure all of this out together, and please do contact the elders if you have any questions about these guidelines!